We understand that you may not want to read a long-winded, old-school, crusty, boring legal document, so we provided it in both short form just for you with the long-winded, old-school, crusty, boring one to follow.
We (MyVerse) will not sell, distribute, replicate or reproduce the personal information that you upload/post unless you opt-in (say yes, it's okay if/when we ask you or if you connect through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Pinterest or LinkedIn or alike. The information that you do upload/post is for our internal use so that we can better understand you and therefore help create the roadmap for you through psychometrics and predictive analysis that MyVerse was intended for when first created.
We built MyVerse for you, we like you, we want to help you, so we need to earn your trust, we want you to keep coming back (as we build more tools/resources) and to bring your friends. We don't intend to destroy that trust.
Long-winded, old-school, boring one:
You may provide personal information to MyVerse several ways including: (1) by sharing your e-mail address when (1) joining/retrieving quiz results, (2) by sharing personal information when you submit to our Wiki, (3) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories, (4) by sharing contact information (Twitter username and Facebook account name), (5) by signing up to be a member of our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest or LinkedIn groups or pages (6) by participating in a survey administered by MyVerse or by our proprietary research panels that you opt-into. We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site.
MyVerse is an open community.
In addition to basic contact information, our analytics trackers may also collect other information. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
How does MyVerse use my personal information?
Depending on the portion of our site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways.
The email address you provided through our newsletter subscription form enables us to send you things like MyVerse Updates or Announcing new products. This subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. (We cannot subscribe you to the newsletter as you personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription.) Subscribers can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
The email address associated with your account when you comment on our stories may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on MyVerse's website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided in comments are not usually used for any other reason except that they may be used as a customer service and policy violation contact mechanism
If you choose to comment on MyVerse stories through Facebook, Google+, StumbleUpon, or Twitter, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
We may at times request your participation in a survey. We will not provide your email addresses to any third party.
To maintain a site that is free of charge, we may display advertisements on our website. We also use information you give us through surveys to help our advertisers target the audience they want to reach and to provide you with potentially ‘relevant’ advertisements.
Unless you give consent, at no time does any party other than MyVerse have access to your personally identifiable information and unless we have your consent, you will never be contacted by any party other than MyVerse. The only exceptions to the foregoing are that we may disclose personally identifiable information (i) in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena, (ii) in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take actions regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from MyVerse, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Non-personally identifiable information (such as stated above) may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers, business, or marketing partners but your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to them. Who else has access to my personal information?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by MyVerse becomes public information. MyVerse.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
MyVerse Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, "spammy" in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Comments will also be considered for removal (i) in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order, or (ii) in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or
All comments and other content contributed to MyVerse shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at MyVerse's discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
1. Personal Attacks: Please don't engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The MyVerse community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
2. Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
3. Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people's views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
4. No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
5. Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
6. Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
7. Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you're participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the MyVerse community by being respectful and considerate.
8. Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the MyVerse community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.