We are seeking a backend engineer (or full stack engineer) for our next big project. Our current site is built on a LAMP stack (Laravel/Linux, Apache, MySQL using PHP 8/OOP code). Everything is hosted by Amazon Web Services using Auth0 as a remote authentication service.
We need to rebuild a new site using JS with node.js/express.js talking to mongo DB (using Mongoose ODM) exposing microservices to a React.js app. We will be using AWS Cognito for authentication. Although most of our server infrastructure remains traditional linux based, it will utilize AWS Lambda (serverless architecture and deployment) for some backend jobs to run on exposed lambda APIs.
We will have our current and next site directly help the unemployed, veterans parolees, students and people in-between careers or COVID unemployed get matched by a proven psychometrically short color test. This is a remote position only during a three month contract period during COVID, once COVID is resolved and the country reaches heard immunity, it will be an in-house role in our offices somewhere on Santana Row.
As mentioned, this will be a contract-to-hire position to start with for the first three months - we want to make sure you are a good fit as we want to build a great culture. We we are currently in the process of fundraising (series A or angel investment).
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science is preferred but not a must
• Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• $110,000 - $150,000 annually depending on experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage with Employer Contribution
• 4 weeks’ vacation
• Unlimited Paid Sick Time
• Benefits inc. - (Medical, Dental, etc.)
• Education budget
• Flexible Time
• Flexible day
• 6hr workdays
• Every third Friday off
• Paid Bail if arrested for peaceful protesting
• Profit share program
• Equity share program
• Plethora of Career Development Opportunities in a high growth startup environment
• Ongoing optional trainings, learnings, and guest speakers (i.e., lunch and learns)
• Be part of a dynamic, exciting, cutting edge, integrated clinical team!